Is blood given during menstruation?

Regl iken kan verilir mi?

One of the most frequently asked questions on the Internet is on our agenda: Can I give blood while on my period?

During menstruation, the body loses blood, but menstruation does not prevent blood donation, if necessary, you can donate blood safely. When we look at the mathematics of the work, we see that there is 4.7 - 5.5 liters of blood in an adult human body (depending on weight). In blood donation, we give 10% of this rate, ie 470 ml. When we menstruate, we lose 1-2% of the blood in the body.

How much blood is lost during menstruation?

Most people lose between 40 and 60 ml (5 to 9 teaspoons or 1.5 shot glasses or half a teaspoon) of blood during their period. Heavy menstrual bleeding is defined as a blood loss of 80 ml or more per cycle. Of course, we don't just lose blood when we menstruate. According to research, 36% of menstrual flow is blood, while the remaining 64% consists of mucus, uterine tissue and clots . Because we are talking about a heterogeneous mixture, it can be difficult to measure complete blood loss.

Of course, donating a week after your period may be a better choice. However , if you don't have a lot of bleeding or a disease and your hemoglobin level is above 11 g/dL, it's okay to donate blood. If you have heavy menstrual bleeding, you may feel sick and sluggish as a loss such as blood donation will reduce hemoglobin and iron levels in the body.

Kiklou Menstrual Panties Multi-Pack Campaign Banner

Is it okay to have a blood test while on your period?

Giving blood for a blood test while on your period may cause you to see different results depending on the test. Since hormones (especially progesterone and estrogen) are affected in the menstrual cycle, the results of hormone tests may differ, while other blood tests are not affected.

Always talk to experts before getting a blood test and donating blood, and don't be afraid to ask any questions. Health workers will make the most accurate guidance.

Source

You may also like this😉

Regl döngüsü ile Ay döngüsü ilişkili midir?
Dünya’ya yakınlığı sebebiyle denizleri, hayvanları, bitkileri etkisi altına alabilen çeşitli doğa olaylarına sebep olan Ay, vücudumuzu da etkileyebilir mi? Regl döngüsü ile Ay döngüsü arasındaki ilişkiye birlikte bakalım!
Regl ve Uyku İlişkisi
Have you noticed that you are experiencing insomnia when your period is approaching or during your period? From cramps to breast tenderness, from increased appetite to low mood, periods; It is much more than a bleeding process on certain days of the month. Read on to find out the relationship between menstruation and sleep!
Vajinal Kuruluk
Vaginal dryness is a condition that is usually encountered during sexual intercourse and interrupts the intercourse experience. The causes and solutions of vaginal dryness, which is common in people with biological sex, are in our article!